On the 17th of July, the Department of Agriculture, Food and Rural Action (DAR) held in the Corporate Sector, with the collaboration of the Reference Network on Aquaculture (XRAq), to hold a meeting on sectors of aquaculture in the Classroom 1 of the Faculty of Biology of the University of Barcelona. There was a review of the current situation of the aquaculture from various points of view; then, we took out a joint debate and sought to extract conclusions that orientéssin with the actions that need to be tackled in the future in relation to this sector in our country.
The order of the day has been:
MEETING SECTOR – AQUACULTURE
Date: 17 July 2009
Place: Aula 1, Faculty of Biology, University of Barcelona.
– Introduction / current Status of the Aquaculture (25’)
– Production of species aqüícoles (reproduction, breeding larvària, production of molluscs, crustaceans and fish, new species) (25’)
Francesc Piferrer (ICM – CSIC), Dolors Furones (IRTA).
– Installations and Environment (20’)
Lourdes Reig (UPC), Jordi Camp (ICM – CSIC)
11.15 – 11.40 h coffee BREAK
– Quality, Disease and Welfare in Aquaculture (25’)
Joaquim Gutiérrez (UB), Jaime Fernández (university of barcelona), Lluis Tort (UAB), Maite Carrassón (UAB).
– Needs of the sector and the situation of the market in the sphere of production (20’)
– Needs of the sector and the situation of the market in the field of the distribution (20’)
12.45 – 13h BREAK
– Conclusions (General Director of the DAAR and Director XRAq)
The participation of the sector enriquí the debate to move forward in the development of the sector.
For more information please contact http://www.xraq.cat/contact
Here below and as attachments you can find the presentations and conclusions of the meeting.